On Valentine's Day, Organic Roses say …
"I love you and worship the earth you walk on"
San Francisco (February 6, 2006) - Valentine's Day is becoming an environmental holiday, according to internet florist OrganicBouquet.com, who expects to ship more than 10,000 dozen bunches of earth friendly roses next week to loved ones all across the U.S.
Responsible purchasing is a growing theme that is changing the market landscape. Organic floral is the newest category in the $230 billion LOHAS (Lifestyles of Health and Sustainability) market, in which there are reportedly 63 million Americans who make environmentally based purchasing decisions, according to LOHAS market research.
"The organic story is larger than just the healthy benefits of clean, nutritious foods," said Gerald Prolman, CEO of OrganicBouquet.com. "Organic farming, whether tomatoes, grapes, cotton or flowers, helps protect our environment - it's that simple."
Eco-aware consumers can also sweeten the gift with organic and fair trade chocolates accompanied by a recycled, hand-blown, green glass vase and an adorable teddy bear filled with organic lavender.
- Valentine Roses – a true classic: one dozen long-stem red roses; certified organic
- Hugs and Kisses – arranged by combining two complimentary colors; certified organic
- Pink Passion – one dozen long-stem hot pink roses; certified organic
- Love Struck Bouquet – a bouquet of one dozen long-stem red, pink and white roses - the colors of love, passion and purity; certified organic
- Valentine,s Tulips – colorful 20-stem bouquet; certified organic
OrganicBouquet.com offers a beautiful selection of sustainably grown flowers that are freshly picked, gift-wrapped and then shipped from the farms to anywhere in the U.S. with a seven day vase life guarantee.
Organic Bouquet (www.organicbouquet.com), established in 2001, has pioneered the organic flower market. As a leading voice in the organic movement, it is raising public awareness of critical environmental issues, using sustainably grown flowers as a catalyst for change.
Organic Bouquet Inc.
(415) 777-1170 x 302;